We will meet in 201 Pray-Harrold. Doors open at 10:00, and the meeting will start at 10:30. There will be coffee and doughnuts!
We’ve been at the table for 5 months. EMUFT has been fighting strong for our members, and we think it’s important to remind all of our members what we’re fighting for.
- Job security - we are fighting for our members to have an expectation of reliable work!
- compensation - we are fighting for equitable pay for all members!
- pay schedule - our members should be paid in the first pay period of the semester!
- unpaid medical leave - we are fighting to not be fired in times of medical emergency!
The administration reiterated their positions on Tuesday:
- Job security - they offer none!
- compensation - their position remains a 25% pay cut to new lecturers!
- pay schedule - there is no commitment regarding when they will pay our members.
- unpaid medical leave - admin refuses unpaid medical leave, insisting on firinglecturers for any absences beyond 3 personal days!
Most alarming is the combined effect of the administration's lack of job security with the 25% pay cut, which would allow (and even incentivize) department heads to hire new lecturers over our current members.
EMUFT is committed to bargaining for a fair contract, with job security and equitable compensation for our members! Our strength is in our membership, and the Bargaining team hopes to count you in at the General Membership Meeting on August 11th.
Please reach out to our staff organizer Tim Allen, firstname.lastname@example.org or (313) 633-4487with questions, or for ways that you can help the team!