There are many events -- orientation, meetings, workshops, and the Fall Social -- for lecturers to attend in September.
Sept 6 - Part-Time Lecturer Orientation
Sept 9, 10, 11 -- Meetings re a new PTL proposal
Sept 17, 18, 20, 24 -- Workshops: Evaluations & Promotions
Sept 26 - EMUFT Fall Social
Check your e-mail in the coming weeks for additional information on all of these events.
See our Calendar for the full schedule of September Events. See you then!
Big changes are coming with the Affordable Care Act in 2014, and some of these changes will impact lecturers. To update everyone about ACA and what the changes will look like at EMU, the EMUFT officers and Organizing Committee have scheduled meetings on July 10th and 11th.
These meetings will include:
- Overview of the Affordable Care Act
- EMU’s proposal on the Affordable Care Act involving credit-hour loads for Part-Time Lecturers
- Discussion of EMU’s proposal
- Decisions on how to respond to EMU’s proposal
- Information on chronic late paychecks to Part-Time Lecturers
The meetings will take place at the following times and locations:
- Wednesday, July 10 11:00 AM - 12:30 PM (203 Pray Harrold)
- Wednesday, July 10 4:00 PM - 5:30 PM (203 Pray Harrold)
- Wednesday, July 10 7:00 PM - 8:30 PM (308 Pray Harrold)
- Thursday, July 11 11:00 AM -12:30 PM (203 Pray Harrold)
- Thursday, July 11 4:00 PM - 5:30 PM (203 Pray Harrold)
See you there!
John Fike, a part-time lecturer in the Political Science Department, is planning a 450-mile cycling trip to raise money for student scholarhips. He will begin the 12-day trip with his wife in Lansing on June 29. You can follow him on Facebook at the Michigan Bike Tour to Benefit EMU Students Facebook page.
Join other AFT members for an information session about the impact of the Affordable Care Act, particularly on part-time lecturers. The information session will be on Tuesday, June 18 from 1 to 4 p.m. at 2875 W. Grand Blvd in Detroit. Find more information on our Events page.